Halloween is here! Are you going trick or treating? Are you attending a Halloween party? Whatever your plans are, if you have hearing loss, make sure to check out the following list of safety tips so you can have an amazing Halloween.
Hearing Loss Safety Tips for Halloween
Besides general safety, there are additional things that you can do to have a fun yet safe Halloween with hearing loss:
- If you’re a hearing aid user and live somewhere with cold weather, bring a spare set of hearing aid batteries; low temperatures can tend to drain them.
- If possible, choose a costume that won’t restrict your vision or hearing; maybe choose a removable mask which will make it easier to speak and hear.
- Bring a flashlight; this will help with sign language, reading lips and simply lighting the way.
- Keeping your ears warm and dry to avoid Surfer’s Ear.
- If you plan on attending a Halloween party which may have loud music or fireworks, take hearing protection to avoid noise-induced hearing loss.
- Take regular breaks from loud environments, and allow your ears regular hearing detox breaks throughout the night.
We hope you have a fun and safe Halloween, but if you’re concerned that you may have put your hearing health at risk, please schedule an appointment with one of our experienced hearing care professionals. For more information, contact us today.