Happy New Year from all of us at Kenwood Hearing Center. We wish you and yours a healthy 2018! It’s time for those New Year’s resolutions and we are here to help you plan for your healthy hearing in 2018. Here are some tips to keep your hearing healthy all year long.
- Protect Your Ears from Loud Noises: You may be exposed to loud noises that can damage your hearing in different situations. Loud noises may be a part of your work environment or at an occasional event like a concert or nightclub. Be ready to protect your ears with ear plugs or protective headphones.
- Make Sure Your Phone Volume is Turned Down: Whether you are just talking on the phone or listening to music with earphones, you might be damaging your hearing and not even realizing it. Use the warning notification on your smartphone as a guide or just keep the volume turned down to a minimum.
- Eat Healthy: You might think that eating healthy is a different New Year’s resolution, but it is actually one and the same for your hearing health. Eating right can play a major role in your hearing health.
- Exercise: This is also a common New Year’s resolution, but you might not realize that you are also protecting your hearing when you exercise, stay fit and lead a healthy lifestyle. Common diseases like cardiovascular disease and diabetes that happen when you aren’t fit can also negatively affect your hearing.
- See Your Hearing Professional Regularly: Make sure to keep your audiology appointments and having your hearing checked as often as recommended by your doctor or audiologist. Early detection can play a big role in minimizing your hearing loss and adjusting to hearing aids before hearing loss gets worse.
Consult with the Hearing Experts at Kenwood Hearing Center
Whether you are making a New Year’s resolution to keep your hearing healthy or just trying to make the best of dealing with hearing loss, we are here to help. The audiologists at Kenwood Hearing are always available for consultation. Please contact us today and schedule an appointment. The experts at Kenwood Hearing Center are trained to help you and your family with all your hearing healthcare needs.